The ability to process payments is fundamental to any business. Merchants who are unable to process payments do not remain in business long. The ability to process payments online requires a live merchant account and a payment gateway. Merchant accounts can be difficult to obtain and can be suddenly closed down for a variety of reasons. Learn the benefits of using a multi-merchant account payment gateway and intelligently route your transactions to the processor or your choice for your card not present transactions. Having multiple options for payment processors allows your merchant services the flexibility it needs in today’s higher risk business landscape. Diversify your payment processing relationships while better managing your chargeback ratios with SecureGlobalPay!
- Risk. Your account status can be reviewed by an auditor and classified as “high-risk” owing to a number of factors. High-risk accounts can be restricted or closed due to the liability they pose to the lending bank or payment processors.
- Transaction Volume. Business owners that are classified as high-risk merchants may have a volume processing cap placed on their transactions. This limits the number of transactions a merchant can process by debit or credit cards. Once they reach the monthly transaction limit, they can no longer process payments until the following month.
Business/industry overlap. Immediate notice can be served on merchant accounts by banks that have too many clients operating in the same industry. Business bank or merchant service accounts can find themselves terminated by a bank seeking to spread its risk amongst multiple industries. This tends to happen when aggregators board too many higher risk merchant types onto their portfolios and are unable to manage the risk associated with them.
The Multi-Merchant Payment Gateway Solution
Online businesses that find themselves facing any of the situations outlined above have an alternate course of action at their disposal. Allowing businesses to accept payments from a variety of payment processors under one payment gateway, opens the door to many new options that were not available before. Intelligently route transactions to the processor of your choice with SecureGlobalPay.
Obtaining and operating multiple merchant accounts provides a solution to the problem of delimited or terminated accounts. The multi-merchant account option allows business owners to increase sales volume by processing transactions from multiple websites. It is also a good way to overcome the obstacles posed by monthly transaction volume caps.
Multiple merchant accounts can enable businesses – especially startups – to avoid the obstacles that come with a sudden shut-down of a single merchant account.
Benefits of Multi-Merchant Payment Gateways
Having multiple merchant accounts allows you to overcome some of the obstacles that come with high-risk merchant profiles. But in addition, there are numerous benefits to utilizing multi-merchant payment gateways.
- Multi-merchant accounts allow businesses to avoid monthly processing caps. By distributing business across multiple accounts, merchants are able to sell above a given monthly processing cap, this increasing revenue.
- Having a back-up plan is a good idea for any business. But it is especially useful for high-risk merchants. One of the risks high-risk merchants face is sudden termination of merchant accounts for a variety of reasons. Having multiple accounts afford you a back-up plan if your primary account is suspended or terminated for any reason.
- Having multiple accounts means that your individual transaction chargebacks will not be concentrated in a single account. This decreases the likelihood of suspension, termination or extra fees for any given account. A risk shared is a risk minimized. Distribute your chargebacks across multiple merchant accounts.
These are just some of the benefits available to merchants who choose multiple merchant accounts.
A Personalized Solution for your Business
Your business reflects you. A business is as unique and idiosyncratic as its owner. It is as robust and brand-distinctive as its history and earnings permit.
No one multi-merchant account solution is going to be the same as another. You will have your own distinct way of communicating with and serving clients. Your website, your tele-date plan, your approach to sales and client service are the brand your clients are paying for.
Your web-based merchant account solution should reflect our brand and your priorities. SecureGlobalPay knows how much effort goes into your business day. Let us design a multi-merchant account gateway solution that is every bit as unique as your business and your brand.
Tie multiple accounts to a single website. Intelligently route transactions to the processor of your choice. Distribute chargebacks across multiple accounts. Multiply profits. Minimize risk. Let SecureGlobalPay show you how.