Have a question about accepting non cash payments in the form of credit cards, debit cards, eChecks, Gift Cards, Crypto Payments, etc? If so, please review our ever expanding database of FAQ's, Blog Posts, Video and article related to the Merchant Services Industry.
3. When do my transactions get funded?
Usually within two business days after you submit your batches to SecureGlobalPay (SGP).
4. Can I be approved if I have bad credit or no credit?
We maintain one of the highest approval rates in the industry. With our free application you have nothing to lose.
5. What are some of the basic application requirements?
Ensure that your website is secure and fully functional before applying. Also, be prepared to provide the following:
- A valid, government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license
- A bank letter or a pre-printed voided check
- Three months of your most recent bank statements
- Three months of your most recent processing statements, if applicable
- An SSN (Social Security Number) or EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- A secure, fully-operational website with trusted privacy and refund policies
- Chargeback ratios must be under 2%
6. What do I get with an Internet merchant account?
A SecureGlobalPay merchant account to accept major credit cards.
A SecureGlobalPay Gateway script to integrate into your Web site so your customers can make purchases directly off your site 24 hours a day without you having to run the transaction manually to link to your web site.
A virtual terminal to run transactions manually through your computer.
A 24/7 toll free customer and technical support with a dedicated web site where you can review all of your transactions, run reports and download your monthly statement.
7. Do I need a shopping cart for my Internet merchant account?
No, we provide you with code that passes your customer's information to our gateway. However, merchants that have a large number of products may find it easier to use a shopping cart. If you only need a virtual terminal then you don't need a shopping cart.
8. What if I need help with my account?
SecureGlobalPay customer service representatives are available to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
10. Will I be trained to use the credit card terminal?
Yes. Once you receive your credit card terminal a representative of SecureGlobalPay will train you on how to use the terminal. In addition, we provide a toll-free customer service number you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can get help at any time.
11. What types of merchants does SecureGlobalPay approve?
SecureGlobalPay processes credit and debit card transactions for 1000's of traditional and Internet businesses. Whether you are building an e-commerce Web site, a traditional retail business or a mail order/telephone order business, you will want to open a SecureGlobalPay merchant account, which enables you to accept payments for customer purchases.
12. How long before I can start accepting credit cards?
Merchant accounts are generally approved within 24-48 hours and merchants can process the next business day.
13. I'm not sure what terminal, equipment or software is best for my business?
Please consult your SecureGlobalPay agent by calling 800-419-1772 regarding the various options available.
14. How does the SecureGlobalPay Secure Payment Gateway API integrate with my Web site?
To manually enter credit card transactions, you do not need any additional integration. You log on to a Web site and complete the credit card transaction using your Secure Payment Gateway Virtual Terminal. In addition, to enable your customers to make purchases right off your Web site, we give you API script to integrate into your Web site. Your customers will then be able to make purchases from your site 24 hours a day. When they do make purchases, you and your customer will receive an e-mail detailing the transaction.
15. How is SecureGlobalPay allowed to process credit cards?
SecureGlobalPay is a registered ISO for clearing and settlement institutions that sponsor SecureGlobalPay to enter MasterCard® and Visa® transactions into the interchange system.
16. How do I get my money?
There are four steps to getting your money; 1. Initiating, 2. Authorizing, 3. Completing the transaction and 4. Receiving your funds.
Step 1-Initiating the transaction to verify that a card is active and within the approved spending limit:
Brick-and-mortar and retail or restaurant environments-swipe the card or key in the number through a point-of-sale terminal (i.e., card is physically present).
Mail order/telephone order environments-enter the card identifiers the customer has provided you by mail, telephone or fax (i.e., the card is not present).
Internet environment-Customer provides your Web site with card identifiers (i.e., card is not present).
Step 2-Real-time authorizing, which reduces charge backs and catches card-entry errors:
Credit card number is entered.
Terminal or software transmits the credit card number and expiration date.
SecureGlobalPay transmits data to customer's credit card-issuing bank.
Customer's issuing bank approves or declines the transaction.
Step 3-Completing the transaction:
Merchant's terminal or software transmits transaction details to SecureGlobalPay in a batch at the close of the business day.
SecureGlobalPay forwards transactions to each credit card company, which redirects the transactions to appropriate banks.
Bank debits credit cardholder's account and credits SecureGlobalPay.
Step 4-Receiving your funds
SecureGlobalPay credits your merchant account, usually within two business days.
17. How is my money protected?
SecureGlobalPay is equipped to address the key protection issues of both traditional and Internet merchants, including fraud, loss prevention and charge backs. SecureGlobalPay uses state-of-the-art security technology, and the SecureGlobalPay Global Gateway uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology-designed to help protect merchant and payment information.
19. What is your return policy?
Your complete satisfaction is our goal! If for any reason you are not satisfied with your equipment purchase, SecureGlobalPay will gladly refund or exchange any terminal within the conditions outlined below. Software, Internet accounts, and set up-fees are non-refundable.
- SecureGlobalPay will accept returns within 30 days of the shipping date and a 15% restocking fee will apply to all returned credit card terminal hardware.
- Terminal must be returned in original package. All parts, manuals, and cords must be included.
- Terminal must not be damaged, although defective equipment is returnable.
*Important* Your merchant account is bound by the terms and conditions of the merchant agreement and is not subject to the return policy.
20. What factors might disqualify a legitimate business for a merchant account?
- A history of high chargeback ratios
- A poor credit card processing history
- Negative credit scores
- Negative bank account balances
- A history of unpaid bills and late payments
21. What are some of the main factors underwriters look at when approving a merchant account?
- Merchant credit scores
- Merchant credit card processing history
- Bank statements
- Chargeback percentage rates and ratios
- State of the merchant’s website including privacy/refund policy