The profitability and reputation of the American firearms industry have attracted many entrepreneurs into this space. As new merchants venture into this trade, they soon realize that gun-friendly credit card processors and firearms-friendly merchant service payment providers are not that easy to find in today’s woke culture. When searching for online firearms merchant account providers, you will most certainly need to apply with one of the few remaining gun-friendly credit card processors.
While working with gun-friendly credit card processors, you will experience a different level of service altogether. The sales of firearms and ammunition are considered high-risk businesses. For this reason, standard retail and lower-risk payment processors simply will not work for you.
You need dedicated gun-friendly merchant services payment providers that understand the industry and have multiple acquiring relationships in place that will accept this particular business type.
This merchant firearms sales article will help educate you on exactly what gun-friendly credit card processors are. You will better understand how they can assist you and what to expect when working with these high-risk business professionals.
Definition – Gun Friendly Credit Card Processors
Gun shop owners experience many challenges in their daily operations and so often seek out professional gun-friendly credit card processors. The biggest challenge is seamlessly accepting credit card payments with limited returns and chargebacks. Studies show that firearms merchants who do not accept credit cards, lose out on approx 80% of the business done by those retailers who do accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Paperless transactions have also become more of the norm after the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, businesses, including firearms and ammunition sales, need to process card payments smoothly.
However, many financial entities still shy away from providing merchant services for businesses in this industry. Gun dealers need to seek gun-friendly credit card processors and gun-friendly merchant services to stay in business.
Gun-friendly credit card processors are simply, payment processing companies for merchant firearms sales that understand the industry and facilitate business transactions for the firearms industry. They act as sales intermediaries between the paying customer’s issuing bank account and the business owner’s merchant account that receives the payment.
Is There an NRA Credit Card?
The National Rifle Association (NRA) is a powerful lobbying group that aims to strengthen gun rights and lobby against restrictions on firearms.
NRA members may be eligible for an NRA Visa credit card. The card is only available to members and their immediate family members. If you aren’t a member, then you may have trouble qualifying for the card.
The card does have an annual fee, but you will receive discounts on all purchases made at the NRA Store and other participating retailers.
When choosing which card is right for you, consider your needs as well as your relationship with the NRA.
Firearm Friendly Merchant Services Abide by Industry Regulations
Numerous laws and regulations govern the firearms industry. Gun dealers need to have a federal firearms license, provide background checks, age, and training requirements, and meet many other rules and regulations. The potential legal and financial obligations that may affect the banking institutions involved are why most payment providers avoid supporting this industry and hence, the need for firearm-friendly merchant services.
Gun Merchants Hit by High Cases of Fraud – Protect Yourself
-This industry is known to have high cases of fraud owing to its nature and size. Fraudulent charges associated with purchasing counterfeit firearms are a discouraging factor for payment processors. This is why effective fraud protection is vital for gun-friendly credit card processors.
Reduce Chargebacks Using Gun-Friendly Payment Processor
The firearms industry is known to have very high chargeback and return rates. These risks are not attractive to standard payment processors like PayPal and Stripe. They need risk mitigation from a professional gun-friendly payment processor like SecureGlobalPay.
Who is the Largest Credit Card Processing Company?
In the credit card processing industry, there are several large players. It depends on which metrics are used to define “largest” as to which company is top. However, the largest processing company in the industry is Visa Inc.
Because of its size and reach, Visa Inc. can offer processing services to a much wider range of merchants than its smaller competitors. As a result, retailers that accept Visa credit cards can be sure that their customers will have no trouble paying their bills.
Furthermore, Visa Inc.’s size gives it an advantage over small players because it has more negotiating power when dealing with banks. Visa Inc. is also considered to be one of the most stable companies in the industry, which makes it a good choice for both businesses and investors.
As for the USA, the largest credit card processors are J.P. Morgan Chase Bank and FIS based on the volume of transactions.
Why Firearms Merchants Need Gun-Friendly Payment Processors
Firearms retailers working with gun-friendly payment processors will reap many benefits. A true high-risk firearms merchant account provider will help them avoid the many potential problems associated with low-risk, retail payment processors. Having a dedicated team of gun-friendly payment processors can help you:
- Sell your firearms online and in your store without any issues.
- To avoid getting your account frozen. Problems can happen if your standard payment processor discovers the nature of your business and decides to freeze your account.
- Have regular, ongoing access to your funds: Frozen accounts can stay frozen for a significant amount of time.
- Run your business continuously. There are no approved monthly volume interruptions in your payment process when you have a dedicated firearms merchant account.
- Experience excellent customer service. Gun-friendly credit card processors understand the nature of the firearms business and offer the support needed.
- Help reduce the cost of credit card processing fees. Gun-friendly credit card processors give you fair contracts. The fees and rates associated with processing payments are transparent.
Does Stripe Allow Gun Sales?
Stripe is a payment processor that allows businesses to accept credit and debit card payments from customers in the United States. However, they do not provide gun-friendly merchant services.
Although it allows you to accept credit card payments from customers in the United States, you cannot use Stripe to sell guns or ammunition. Instead, merchants need firearm-friendly merchant services.
There are several reasons why it is difficult for Stripe to allow gun sales.
1. Gun laws vary by country. Depending on where you live, you may be able to buy a gun without having a background check.
2. Stripe’s current policy is focused on card payments. It is more difficult to implement the same rules when selling guns online.
3. There are concerns that allowing gun sales could attract criminals who want to buy guns illegally.
However, these obstacles can be overcome with other payment processors such as SecureGlobalPay that have specialist services for gun merchants.
Does Authorize.net Allow Firearms?
Authorize.net is a payment gateway and an online fraud protection service that securely authorizes third-party payments for goods and services, including firearms purchases. It is a secure payment gateway that can be used to process credit cards, debit cards, ACH transactions, check payments, and money transfers. Ask your SecureGlobalPay representative for assistance with establishing an Authorize.Net payment gateway.
Using Authorize.net’s firearm-friendly merchant services to make a firearm purchase from a licensed dealer is perfectly legal and does not violate any federal laws. To own a firearm, you must have a federally-issued Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card.
However, as the company does not specialize in gun-friendly merchant services or high-risk merchant accounts, fraud and chargebacks are more likely to cause account restrictions or possible closure.
How to Open a Firearms Merchant Account
Proper research is vital in finding a proper high-risk merchant account provider with a commendable track record. Once you find one of the few reliable firearms merchant account providers, you can proceed to open a firearms sales merchant account.
- First, provide a federal firearms license.
- Next, put your financial documents in order. Pay special attention to your credit report.
- Always have the required documents ready. Records should include business ownership documents, verified identification, stakeholder information, and access to your website’s backend if membership is required.
- Then research the rules and regulations surrounding the possession of firearms and accessories, selling them, and transfers. Know both state and federal laws.
- With everything ready, submit your application for a high-risk merchant account.
What to Consider When Choosing Gun-Friendly Credit Card Processors
When choosing from high-risk credit card processors and gun-friendly credit card processors, be mindful that they will be handling all crucial parts of your business. Here are some things to consider:
- Ensure they have online payment gateways and robust API’s to accept credit card payments on your website.
- They should allow credit, debit, and (ACH) electronic fund transfers. Their services should remain uninterrupted at all times.
- Check for the presence of chargeback prevention tools and anti-fraud packages.
- Must be PCI compliant.
- Should guarantee the lowest rates and fastest funding times possible.
- Must include an age verification tool that confirms the buyer’s age before purchasing.
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the firearms business and understand your business model.
- Need to know how to get the merchant account approved within the shortest time possible.
- They should have good ratings and reviews. Testimonials will help build your expectations and confidence in the brand.
- They must have up-to-date equipment and technology.
- Terms and conditions should be friendly and straightforward. Read them carefully.
What is the Best Payment Processor?
Payment processors are companies that facilitate the transfer of funds between merchants and customers. They charge fees for their services and may have additional benefits, such as fraud protection.
If you accept payments online, you’ll want to use a payment processor that offers the features you need. Here are some things to look for:
1. Fees: Most payment processors charge fees, depending on how much you use them. Some offer free services to entice customers but be sure to read the fine print before signing up for any of these offers.
2. Fraud protection: Payment processors can help with fraud protection by verifying your identity and offering additional security measures. This can help protect your business from being a victim of fraud, which could result in lost revenue.
While being biased, we believe SecureGlobalPay to be one of the best payment processors for high-risk merchants.
Why SecureGlobalPay is the Best Option for You
SecureGlobalPay is a company that provides both retail and high-risk payment services. When seeking a gun-friendly credit card processor, look no further. SecureGlobalPay has you covered.
- We have decades of experience in providing high-risk merchant accounts.
- Our team will always incorporate the latest software and equipment in our service delivery.
- We pride ourselves on being innovative, strategic, and secure.
- We have chargeback and fraud prevention mechanisms.
- Our high-risk merchant account services guarantee high-value returns at friendly costs.
- No set-up fees or hidden charges.
- Our application process is fast and straightforward, provided with the necessary documents.
Streamlining the payment processing aspect of your firearms business will help you reduce costs. It will also help you stay in business, make profits, and continuously scale your operation. Partner with SecureGlobalPay to experience the best-in-class service.