The profitability and reputation of the American firearms industry have attracted many entrepreneurs into this space. As new merchants venture into this trade, the major challenge they encounter is finding a reliable payment processing solution. When searching for online firearms merchant account providers, you will most certainly need to apply with gun-friendly credit card processors.
When working with gun-friendly credit card processors, you will experience a different level of service altogether. The sales of firearms and ammunition are considered high-risk businesses. For this reason, standard retail and lower-risk payment processors will not work for you.
You need a dedicated online firearms merchant account payment provider that understands the industry and has multiple acquiring relationships in place that will accept this particular business type.
This article will help educate you on exactly what gun-friendly credit card processors are. You will better understand how they can assist you and what to expect when working with these high-risk business professionals.
Definition of a Gun Friendly Credit Card Processor
Gun shop owners experience many challenges in their daily operations. The top biggest challenge is seamlessly accepting credit card payments with limited returns and chargebacks. Studies show that firearms merchants who do not accept credit cards, lose out on approx 80% of the business done by those retailers who do accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Paperless transactions have also become more of the norm after the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, businesses, including firearms and ammunition sales, need to process card payments smoothly.
However, many financial entities still shy away from providing merchant services for businesses in this industry. Gun dealers need to seek gun-friendly credit card processors and payment solutions to stay in business.
Gun-friendly credit card processors are simply, payment processing companies for merchant firearms sales that understand the industry and facilitate business transactions for the firearms industry. They act as sales intermediaries between the paying customer’s issuing bank account and the business owner’s merchant account that receives the payment.
Firearms Payment Processing Solutions
Numerous laws and regulations govern the firearms industry. Gun dealers need to have a federal firearms license, provide background checks, age, and training requirements, and meet many other rules and regulations. The potential legal and financial obligations that may affect the banking institutions involved are why most payment providers avoid supporting this industry.
High cases of fraud
This industry is known to have high cases of fraud owing to its nature and size. Fraudulent charges associated with purchasing counterfeit firearms are a discouraging factor for payment processors.
Reasons You Need a Gun Friendly Credit Card Processor
Firearms retailers working with gun-friendly payment processors will reap many benefits. A true high-risk firearms merchant account provider will help them avoid the many potential problems associated with low-risk, retail payment processors. Having a dedicated team of firearms merchant account providers can help you:
- Sell your firearms online and in your store without any issues.
- To avoid getting your account frozen. Problems can happen if your standard payment processor discovers the nature of your business and decides to freeze your account.
- Have regular, ongoing access to your funds: Frozen accounts can stay frozen for a significant amount of time.
- Run your business continuously. There are no approved monthly volume interruptions in your payment process when you have a dedicated firearms merchant account.
- Experience excellent customer service. Gun-friendly credit card processors understand the nature of the firearms business and offer the support needed.
- Reduce costs. Gun-friendly credit card processors give you fair contracts. The fees and rates associated with processing payments are transparent.
How to Open a Firearms Merchant Account
Proper research is vital in finding a proper high-risk merchant account provider with a commendable track record. Once you find one of the few reliable firearms merchant account providers, you can proceed to open a firearms sales merchant account.
- First, provide a federal firearms license.
- Next, put your financial documents in order. Pay special attention to your credit report.
- Always have the required documents ready. Records should include business ownership documents, verified identification, stakeholder information, and access to your website’s backend if membership is required.
- Then research the rules and regulations surrounding the possession of firearms and accessories, selling them, and transfers. Know both state and federal laws.
- With everything ready, submit your application for a high-risk merchant account.
What to Consider When Choosing a Gun Friendly Credit Card Processor
When choosing a high-risk credit card processor, be mindful that they will be handling all crucial parts of your business. Here are some things to consider while at it:
- Ensure they have online payment gateways and robust API’s to accept credit card payments on your website.
- They should allow credit, debit, and (ACH) electronic fund transfers. Their services should remain uninterrupted at all times.
- Check for the presence of chargeback prevention tools and anti-fraud packages.
- Must be PCI compliant.
- Should guarantee the lowest rates and fastest funding times possible.
- Must include an age verification tool that confirms the buyer’s age before purchasing.
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the firearms business and understand your business model.
- Need to know how to get the merchant account approved within the shortest time possible.
- They should have good ratings and reviews. Testimonials will help build your expectations and confidence in the brand.
- They must have up-to-date equipment and technology.
- Terms and conditions should be friendly and straightforward. Read them carefully.
Why SecureGlobalPay is the Best Option for You
SecureGlobalPay is a company that provides both retail and high-risk payment services. When seeking a gun-friendly credit card processor, look no further. SecureGlobalPay has you covered.
- We have decades of experience in providing high-risk merchant accounts.
- Our team will always incorporate the latest software and equipment in our service delivery.
- We pride ourselves on being innovative, strategic, and secure.
- We have chargeback and fraud prevention mechanisms.
- Our high-risk merchant account services guarantee high-value returns at friendly costs.
- No set-up fees or hidden charges.
- Our application process is fast and straightforward, provided with the necessary documents.
Streamlining the payment processing aspect of your firearms business will help you reduce costs. It will also help you stay in business, make profits, and continuously scale your operation. Partner with SecureGlobalPay to experience the best-in-class service.